When I received a free travel-size Purell Naturals Advanced Hand Sanitizer as part of Influenster’s Rosy VoxBox, I knew exactly how I was going to use it…while on walks with Rosey, our Chihuahua and Boston Terrier mix.
When you think of it, there are plenty of times when hand sanitizer comes in handy for dog owners, which I’ve shared below:
1 Sanitize your hands after waste pickup. A few mishaps picking up after the dog (if you know what I mean), I learned the hard way that it’s smart to carry hand sanitizer on dog walks.
2. Sanitize your hands when you have to pry garbage out of Fido’s mouth. I constantly have to pull out all types of garbage from my dog’s mouth during our walks…chicken bones, chunks of grass, plants, bagels, and many things I cannot identify. To combat germs and bacteria, use hand sanitizer on the spot instead of waiting until you get home to wash your hands.
3. It’s portable and small in size, fitting nicely in coat and pants pockets.
4. Get rid of dog kiss germs. If you get slathered with kisses from your pooch, like I do…having hand sanitizer on deck helps.
5. Dog park safety. Not only do you have to worry about your own dog’s germs, but you also have a handful of other furry messmakers that you may come in contact with during a trip to the dog park.
6. Clean hands after a visit to Petco. As a dog owner, I am constantly visiting Petco for pet accessories, treats, toys and other canine goodies. Lots of other critters visit or live in pet stores, and they sniff the toys, have ‘accidents’ on the floor, and spread their own germs. Therefore, once you leave, it would be wise to squirt a little hand sanitizer to remove other animal’s germs.
7. Protect against sick dog germs. If you ever need to administer medication to your pet, like eye drops (and you can’t wash your hands immediately), hand sanitizer makes a decent substitute.
Can you think of any other ways that hand sanitizer helps dog owners?
Disclosure: I received a complimentary sample of this sanitizer in exchange for sharing my honest opinion.