Friendship Friday – One Small Step
Posted on Friday, January 11th, 2013
It’s been 10 days since I started the Wheat Belly Diet, and it has been one small step towards achieving my weight loss goal and eating healthier. Since cutting out wheat and sugar from my diet, I have experienced a great deal of changes – in the way I view food, cook food, consume food, and crave food. My cravings gradually disappeared – sometimes I seriously have to remind or force myself to eat lunch or dinner. So far, it’s been a fun…err… interesting journey:
- As of today, I’ve lost 7 pounds.
- I’ve tried new recipes and cooked different foods, such as thin-sliced beef sandwich steaks and a substitute for mashed potatoes – Mashed Cauliflower, which is made with cream cheese, butter, and sea salt (really tasty).
- I’ve learned the ins and outs of label reading, and can now spot an ingredient in disguise a mile away.
- I’ve learned about how different products and ingredients can affect glucose levels (I’m not a diabetic, but it’s still good information to know regarding energy levels and weight loss).
- I’ve discovered buckwheat isn’t wheat at all, and that it makes a pretty tasty hot cereal.
- I’ve rediscovered eggs although I feel like a complete waster for making egg white omelets.
- Since my brother and I are diet buddies, I feel we’ve become even closer.
I’ve only signed up to follow this diet (at the request of my brother) for the month of January, but if I see more results, I may sign on for February too. Who knows…I may end up completely eliminating wheat from my diet…but all forms of sugar is another story.
This post is participating in Create with Joy’s Friendship Friday Linky.