The Cape Cod Infused Fresh Jalapeno kettle chips do not have that salty, stick-to-your-fingers flavor grit that you typically find on flavored chips. Instead, the jalapeno flavor is cooked within the chip itself using naturally flavored infused oils. The chips do not taste greasy, and the heat that you detect has a way of creeping up on you.
I really like the flavor and texture of the chips…and have bought four bags, to date. As a side note, the company currently offers a peel-off coupon on the chip bags to take 75 cents off of the newly launched infused Cape Cod chips and Cape Cod chip thins.
The Cape Cod Infused Fresh Jalapeno chips are packaged in a predominately black bag, and have this old photograph negative look to it. I think this is a pretty unique approach…you definitely don’t see this color scheme used often, and the bags stand out on the shelf.
Other highlights of the chips include:
- The chips are a ‘made in the U.S.A.‘ product.
- The chips are certified gluten free.
- This is a non-GMO product.
- Only 0.5% saturated fat per serving (about 19 chips).
- You satisfy 20% of your daily recommended value for vitamin C.
- The chips contain no preservatives, no hydrogenated oils, and no artificial colors or flavors.
Another flavor in the infused line of Cape Cod chips is Mediterranean which is flavored with herbs (like rosemary), spices, and vegetables– I haven’t had an interest in trying this particular flavor, but if you do, let me know how it tastes in the comment’s section below.
Do you like jalapeno-flavored chips?