A solid candy bar made with sugar free chocolate is quite difficult to come by, and YummySnack Candy Bars really delivers something unique. Sweetened with erythritol and stevia, this brand of bars is the closest thing I’ve tried out that really tastes like a candy bar. Nearly all of the unsweetened chocolate bars that I’ve had are mostly comprised of dark chocolate and almonds…or just plain chocolate.
Depending on the flavor, YummySnack Bars are made with cocoa, coconut, milled flax seed, almond butter, peanut butter, soy protein crisps, and natural flavors. I’ve always found it interesting how some candy bars and snack bars contain rosemary extract, which is a part of every YummySnack Bar. It’s also an ingredient that is difficult to find in grocery stores because I haven’t been able to track it down yet…but that’s a whole ‘nother story.
Dubbed ‘the next generation of candy bar,’ YummySnack Bars currently come in six different flavors: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Coconut, Peppermint, Cookie Dough, and Caramel Crunch. My nephew, mother, and I had a chance to try out two of the flavors (Chocolate and Cookie Dough), which came in the Great Kids Healthy Snacks gluten free subscription box. When I saw them in the box, and learned that we had TWO, I was incredibly excited.
YummySnack Bars are low-calorie (in relation to similar options), ranging from 140 to 170 calories.
The highest amount of protein offered in a bar is 9 grams (Cookie Dough). Fiber is another bonus– with the Peppermint flavored bar alone containing 10 grams of fiber – that’s a whopping 40% of your recommended daily value. Other highlights of the bars is that they include Omega-3s, and hold the designation for being a Green Leaf Certified Non-GMO product.
Here’s what we had to say about the taste:
Chocolate YummySnack Bars
- The first thing I thought of when I tasted the bar was that it had a ‘brownie-like’ flavor. I normally don’t like plain chocolate bars, but this is really good.
- My mother described the bar as ‘chocolatey and chewy,’ and agreed that the bar had a brownie taste. She also said that she couldn’t tell that it was made using a sugar substitute.
- My nephew thought the bar was too ‘melty‘ in his hand, but that chocolate flavor was decent.
Caramel Crunch YummySnack Bars
- I was pleasantly surprised with the Caramel Crunch bar. I think that it would definitely satisfy a craving for caramel, and the taste kind of reminds me of a diet Girl Scout Cookie.
- My mother described the bar as ‘chewy and caramel-y’.
- My nephew doesn’t like caramel, so it was no surprise that he spit his piece out.
I should have saved some for my brother, who loves bars like this…but…snooze, you lose.
We really want to try out the Peanut Butter, Peppermint, and Cookie Dough flavors next.
What do you think of these ‘candy bars?’
What flavor would you want to try:
Peppermint, Coconut, Chocolate,
Caramel Crunch, Cookie Dough or Peanut Butter?